Alaska Adventure Vacation – Sitka
If you want variety and the experience of a remote Alaska adventure vacation at its best, this is the lodge for you! Enjoy the veteran staff, pulling up crab pots, kayaking, hiking, whale watching, fishing and lots of fresh seafood. This remote lodge is nestled in Warm Springs Bay on the east side of Baranof Island, 20 air miles east of Sitka. A short, spectacular float plane ride from Juneau delivers you directly to the floating lodge side dock. Five and a half day adventures are available.
Simply put, this is one of our all time favorite lodges. We love the people, the lodge, the experience, the food, the adventure and we cannot wait to return. Our family loves this place!
AGE APPROPRIATE: 6 yrs and older.
Sunday: Arrive in Juneau, Alaska and overnight at a hotel of your choosing (we have a list of suggestions)
Monday: Depart by float plane from Juneau to the lodge dock and begin enjoying your activities!
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: Fish and enjoy the numerous activities
Saturday: Enjoy morning activities and depart for home after lunch
Comfortable and spacious guest cabins and lodge surrounded by lush green ancient forests.Spacious rooms elegantly furnished with pine paneling, armoires, and baseboard heaters with guest-controlled thermostats so you can regulate the temperature of your cabin. Each features complete, private bathroom facilities with hot showers, wash basins with hot and cold running water, and flush toilets. On-site housekeeping staff provides towel and linen service.
24 hour electricity (60 Hz AC) from their own hydroelectric plant. The turbine is powered by nearby Sadie Creek, one of many nearby crystal clear streams that tumble down the lush green ancient forest surrounding the lodge.
No matter which of the many exciting activities you select, your appetite will be sharpened by the aroma of fresh bread, homemade chocolate chip cookies, and sumptuous appetizers prepared daily by the chef!
Meals are served family style, from a colorful, varied menu inspired by the local halibut, salmon, crab, shrimp and clams. The lodge vegetable and herb garden supplements the bountiful catch from the days’ excursions. And let’s not forget to explore the delightful surprises to be found in their very own wine cellar, as they have a selection to complement fish stories of all shapes and sizes.
Enjoy the mermaid therapeutic spa located near the natural hot springs pools. This is a full service spa in a a remote setting like nowhere else in the world!
- Soak in one of the hot tubs. Choose the redwood tub, situated in a grove of ancient trees, overlooking a fresh, clear mountain stream that surges past. Or, select the tub on the deck and view the magnificent panorama around the lodge – Warm Springs Bay, snow covered mountain peaks, soaring Bald Eagles – adventurous soakers will want to embark on the short hike to the natural hot springs nearby. A series of natural pools overlooking a magnificent waterfall await you.
- Fresh water stream fishing
- Salt water fishing in the inlets for halibut
- Hike to breathtaking mountain lakes
- Up close and personal whale watching
- Climbing waterfalls
- Beach combing
- Pulling up shrimp and crab pods for dinner meals
- Photograph abundant bald eagles
- Enjoy the hot springs
- Relax on the deck and enjoy the beauty of this remote destination
- Enjoy a day at the spa near the natural hot springs pools. Full service spa
$5,950 per person: 5 night / 5 ½ days fishing
SPECIAL: Kings early season & Silvers late season
$5,450 per person
Call for additional pricing
Sample Travel Schedule:
5 Night schedule: travel will be Sunday to Sunday. You will fly to Juneau on Sunday and spend the night there. On Monday morning you will catch an early morning float plane to the lodge and pick your adventure for the afternoon. The following Saturday you will have a half day of activities at the lodge, eat lunch and then depart by boat arriving back in Juneau around 4:30 PM. You will spend Saturday night in Juneau and fly home on Sunday.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Links to the companies we recommend:
While we do everything in our power to protect our clients from travel problems, we cannot prevent illness, natural disasters, wars, deaths, lodge closings and more; we live in uncertain times! The only way to protect yourself and your investment is through travel insurance. Travel insurance can provide medical coverage, cancellation due to natural disaster, illness, death in the family, lodge closings and other unknowns; in this day and time, anything is possible. Lodges count on you to protect your investment as they cannot refund your payments due to the nature of the product they offer.
Finally, travel insurance is time-sensitive and must be purchased within a certain number of days of your deposit to cover preexisting conditions, lodge closings and other various issues. It is still available later but the benefits may be more limited.
Both companies offer evacuation insurance in addition to their travel insurance but Ripcord has more thorough coverage in this area.
The Ripcord membership and travel Insurance provides the highest levels of medical, security, evacuation and rescue services in the industry combined with travel insurance:
- Remote rescue services from point of injury or illness
- Medical evacuations to the member’s home hospital of choice
- The best evacuation and rescue triggers that include rescues for medical conditions that will result in permanent injury in addition to just requiring hospitalization
- Security extraction services for geopolitical events and natural disasters
- Involuntary detention resolution services for members who are held against their will
- Consulting services from special operations veterans, paramedics, nurses, and physicians
- Travel insurance