Alaska Fishing Lodge – Sitka
In our opinion, this is the top small all-around salt water/fresh water Alaska fishing lodge! Here you will take advantage of a variety of fishing experiences in one trip from Salmon fishing to Halibut fishing along with numerous activities! Enjoy the friendly veteran staff, pulling up crab pots, kayaking, hiking, whale watching, fishing and lots of fresh seafood. Each evening, YOU choose your activities for the following day. Such flexibility is very unusual among Alaska fishing lodges.
This remote lodge is nestled 20 air miles east of Sitka. A short, spectacular float plane ride from Juneau delivers you directly to the floating lodge side dock.
The people, facilities, activities and the fishing are fantastic. Each evening pick your adventure for the next day from the “FUN BOARD”. You might enjoy halibut fishing one day, stream fishing the next, whale watching and island exploring the next and on and on. The staff caters to your desires each day. Simply put, this is an AMAZING ADVENTURE that you will never forget. Our clients rank this lodge as among their favorite destinations in the world.
This Alaska fishing lodge fills early and it is not uncommon for us to be booking dates two years in advance. They enjoy an amazing repeat clientele and and stellar reputation in the fishing and hospitality industry.
|Species:||Halibut, Five species of Salmon, Dolly Varden, Rock fish and Whale Watching|
|Location:||Southeast Alaska near Sitka|
|Season:||May thru October|
|Method:||Fly Fishing or spin fishing|
|Lodging:||Wonderful remote lodge with private cabins|
|Food:||Fresh seafood! Great cooking|
|Trip Length:||5 1/2 days and 5 nights|
|Transport:||Well-equipped Fishing Boats|
|Guided:||2x1 Guided; Fantastic Staff!|
The unpressured waters around the lodge offer the most abundant and diverse salt and freshwater fishing available in Alaska. You may choose your fishing experience each day, from freshwater to saltwater, stream to lake, light tackle spinning to flies. The available species include king salmon (chinook), silver salmon (coho), pink salmon (humpy), chum salmon, sockeye salmon, Dolly Varden, cutthroat trout and rainbow trout, giant halibut and many varieties of rockfish. Dozens of spectacular bays, estuaries, fishing streams and lakes are within a short boat ride or hike from the lodge. Each offers premier angling.
Whether it is salt or freshwater stream fishing, hiking, up close and personal whale watching, photography, pulling crab or shrimp pots, clamming, climbing water falls, beach combing or kayaking, your experienced professional crew will guide you on an adventure you won’t forget.
Sunday: Arrive in Juneau, Alaska and overnight at a hotel of your choosing (we have a list of suggestions)
Monday: Depart by float plane from Juneau to the lodge dock and begin enjoying your activities!
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: Fish and enjoy the numerous activities
Saturday: Enjoy morning activities and depart for home after lunch
Enjoy late afternoon with a cocktail overlooking the bay on the deck listening to the sound of the whales passing by. Private rustically elegant log cabins with bathrooms ensuite overlook the rushing stream as it makes its way into the bay. Every comfort of home has been well thought out and you will lack for nothing. The scenery is breathtaking and the meals are equally fantastic. The garden of fresh vegetables and crab pulled up from the crab pots are a part of every evening meal.
About the Lodge:
- Comfortable and spacious guest cabins and lodge are surrounded by lush green ancient forests.
- Spacious rooms are elegantly furnished with pine paneling, armoires and baseboard heaters with guest-controlled thermostats so you can regulate the temperature of your cabin. Each cabin has a private bathroom with a hot shower, wash basins with hot and cold running water and flush toilets. The onsite housekeeping staff provides towel and linen service.
- 24 hour electricity (60 Hz AC) from the lodges own hydroelectric plant. The turbine is powered by nearby Sadie Creek, one of many nearby crystal clear streams that tumble down the lush green ancient forest surrounding the lodge.
- Soak in one of the hot tubs. Choose the redwood tub, situated in a grove of ancient trees, overlooking a fresh, clear mountain stream that surges past. Or, select the tub on the deck and view the magnificent panorama around the lodge – Warm Springs Bay, snow covered mountain peaks, soaring bald eagles. Adventurous soakers will want to embark on the short hike to the natural hot springs nearby. A series of natural pools overlooking a magnificent waterfall awaits you.
- Mermaid therapeutic spa offers a number of spa treatments including reflexology massage, hot stone message and sea salt exfoliation.
Choose from salt or freshwater stream fishing, hiking, up close and personal whale watching, photography, enjoying the hot springs, pulling crab or shrimp pots, eagle watching, clamming, climbing water falls, beach combing or kayaking. They have the experienced professional crew to guide you on the adventure of the day. Mermaid therapeutic spa offers a number of spa treatments including reflexology massage, hot stone message and sea salt exfoliation.
5 night / 5 ½ days fishing – $6,150 per person
SPECIAL: Kings early season & Silvers late season
$5,650 per person
Children 12 and under are half price!
Call for more details
When should I go on this trip?
Halibut: Great the entire season
King Salmon: Early June – Early July
Chum Salmon: Mid June – Mid July
Pink Salmon: Mid July – Early August
Sockeye Salmon: Mid June – Mid July
Silver Salmon: August – September (Aug silvers are in Bay and hit rivers in Sept)
Dolly Varden: July – September
Rainbow Trout: July – September
Best Bears: July – September
Waterfall climbing, island exploring, bald eagles and more: the entire season!
What is the itinerary?
5 Night schedule: travel will be Sunday to Sunday. You will fly to Juneau on Sunday and spend the night there. On Monday morning you will catch an early morning float plane to the island and begin fishing that afternoon. The following Saturday you will have a half day of fishing or activities, eat lunch and then depart by boat arriving back in Juneau around 4:30 PM. You will spend Saturday night in Juneau and fly home on Sunday.
How old do you think my children need to be to enjoy this trip?
That is a great question and is very dependent on your children’s maturity. Safety is the primary concern with children. This is a fantastic trip for kids! We took our daughter to this lodge when she was 7 and she loved it! They host children of every age.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Links to the companies we recommend:
While we do everything in our power to protect our clients from travel problems, we cannot prevent illness, natural disasters, wars, deaths, lodge closings and more; we live in uncertain times! The only way to protect yourself and your investment is through travel insurance. Travel insurance can provide medical coverage, cancellation due to natural disaster, illness, death in the family, lodge closings and other unknowns; in this day and time, anything is possible. Lodges count on you to protect your investment as they cannot refund your payments due to the nature of the product they offer.
Finally, travel insurance is time-sensitive and must be purchased within a certain number of days of your deposit to cover preexisting conditions, lodge closings and other various issues. It is still available later but the benefits may be more limited.
Both companies offer evacuation insurance in addition to their travel insurance but Ripcord has more thorough coverage in this area.
The Ripcord membership and travel Insurance provides the highest levels of medical, security, evacuation and rescue services in the industry combined with travel insurance:
- Remote rescue services from point of injury or illness
- Medical evacuations to the member’s home hospital of choice
- The best evacuation and rescue triggers that include rescues for medical conditions that will result in permanent injury in addition to just requiring hospitalization
- Security extraction services for geopolitical events and natural disasters
- Involuntary detention resolution services for members who are held against their will
- Consulting services from special operations veterans, paramedics, nurses, and physicians
- Travel insurance